Khartoum, Nov. 18 (SUNA) - The Police Press Office issued a statement on yesterday's incidents.

 The press statement said that on November 17, 2021, several marches and processions were launched in the State of Khartoum, which had been announced in the media few days ago in protest of the decisions of October 25, 2021.

The statement added that the police carried out its duty of securing state’s institutions and crowds of demonstrators, as usual in such incidents, but they were met with unjustified violence towards its personnel and vehicles, as a truck was burned and its contents looted, in addition to the complete destruction of (3) patrols in the localities of Khartoum, Jabal Awliya, and Umbada.

Despite this, the police used minimal force and tear gas and never used a firearm, the statement said, adding that by reviewing all police departments and their records in the state, they found that there was one death case of a citizen in Bahri locality, where legal procedures were taken at Al-Safia Police Station, in addition to the injury of (89) of policemen, some of them seriously, adding they found out that (30) citizens were injured as a result of tear gas.

The statement said the police forces affirm their keenness on carrying out their legal duty to protect security and community peace no matter what sacrifices this may cost them.

BT/BT

أخبار ذات صلة